Spring School and Workshop on
Geometry Combinatorics Probability
March 11 to 15, 2019
Ruhr University Bochum
Spring School and Workshop on Polytopes
Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Spring School &
The Spring School is designed for advanced bachelor, master and PhD students. The aim is to prepare the participants in such a way that they can follow the lectures of the subsequent workshop. It consists of three crash courses:
- Geometry of Polytopes, (2x2h),
Tim Römer (University of Osnabrück),
- Random Polytopes, (2h),
Pierre Calka (University of Rouen),
- Face Enumeration, (2h),
Hailun Zheng (University of Michigan).
The Workshop's topics include (but are not limited to)
- face enumeration,
- the study of special classes of polytopes, such as simplicial, balanced, centrally symmetric and flag polytopes,
- high-dimensional aspects and threshold phenomena,
- asymptotic and approximation properties.
The variety of topics is reflected by the list of invited speakers:
- Imre Bárány (Hungarian Academy of Sciences),
- Martin Henk (Technical University of Berlin),
- Eran Nevo (Hebrew University of Jerusalem),
- Isabella Novik (University of Washington),
- Matthias Reitzner (University of Osnabrück),
- Elisabeth Werner (Case Western Reserve University).
The principal goal is to bring together researchers having a probabilistic or a non-probabilistic angle on these topics, to exchange ideas and to stimulate new collaborations. Additionaly to invited speakers' talks there will be a limited number of 30 minutes contributed talks. The latter are selected among the registered participants by the organisers.
- Registration for contributed talk untill ,
Notification of contributed speakers: ,
- Registration open untill .
There is no registration fee. For the participants who want to attend the conference dinner on